Time And Distance:
Relation between Time, Speed and Distance
Distance covered, time and speed are related by
Time = …(i)
Speed = …(ii)
Distance = Speed × Time …(iii)
- Distance is measured in metres, kilometres and miles.
- Time in hours, minutes and seconds.
- Speed in km/h, miles/h and m/s.
1. To convert speed of an object from km/h to m/s multiply the speed by . 5/18
2. To convert speed of an object from m/s to km/h, multiply the speed by . 18/5
Average Speed :
It is the ratio of total distance covered to total time of journey.
Average Speed =